Any one elses chickens HATE the snow?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AJ666, Jan 9, 2011.

1. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Thats right, my girls feets havent touched the snow covered ground since we could SEE the ground. They stand in the doorway, stare at it, and turn their butts around to go back inside. Alot of other people on here talk and post pictures of theirs outside enjoying the snow. Mine? NO.

2. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Mine are basically the same. They see snow coming down and freeze at the coop door. If they can't see the dirt under the snow they will NOT come out of the coop. Thankfully, we have the run set up where most of the snow is kept out.

3. dnenella

dnenella Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    most of mine HATE snow to the point they will "fly'" over it when there is some still on the ground, but my slikie is always the first one out when there is snow on the gound [​IMG]

4. CaitlynNichols

CaitlynNichols Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Newfields, NH
    For our girls, there will be a few flakes on the ground (like a very very VERY light dusting to hardly any flakes on the ground at all) and as soon as they poke their heads out the door they are like "uh-uh!" and wag their little fluffy butts back inside the coop.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by