Any one ever have a pregnant Pot Bellie Pig . Need advice Please

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by poultrykeeper08, Mar 31, 2009.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I got a Pot bellie pig and i was told she may be pregnant and i she was she was half way through her pregnancy when i got her witch was about a month or so ago . She has gotten a bit bigger since i had her cuz now she is having trouble fitting out her door to go out side , She has also been really moody ! She charges the fence when i walk by , She chases the chickens , if they come to close to her she snaps at them And she seems to be more and more hungry every day

She has also grew a double chin recently

i feed her her 1 cup of food and she gets lettuce,apples,pear, banana, tomatoe , Etc

Has any one had a pregnant PB before , Are these any sighns that she is pregnant ?

Any help or info would be great

Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Hmmmm, don't know about her being pregnant, since i have no experiences with pigs (yet!). I have heard, though, that it's not a good idea to keep pigs and chickens in the same pen together. Maybe somebody else will be able to give more advice...[​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    heehe, you know i'm getting a baby right!

[​IMG]

4. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Quote:Oh i know you are !!! Im going to have to lock the barn up cuz im just picturing it now You out there in the middle of the night with a flash light a carrying cage trying to snach up a piglet [​IMG]

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Oh i know you are !!! Im going to have to lock the barn up cuz im just picturing it now You out there in the middle of the night with a flash light a carrying cage trying to snach up a piglet [​IMG]

you know me sooo well! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Quote:I read that to but so far so good until today when she got moody !
    But i know she was brought up around , chickens ,ducks and geese so maybe that makes a difference [​IMG]

7. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    time to get the guard dogs redhen is stealing piglets

8. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Pigs gestation is 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days. You will see her getting bagged up. She will go off of feed a day or two before she delivers.
    Pigs get pms too. So it could be that she is just in heat and that's why she is grumpy. For a pot, her weight seems about right.
    If your worried about her gaining too much weight give her more veggies and less fruit. Also, keep her out of the chicken food.
    I think she is cute. I love my piggies!

9. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Quote:If she is PMsing how can i tell ? Any sighns . Oh duh ! I knew it was 333 .

What do you mean by bagged up ?

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG] i have noooo idea what you are talking about....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by