Any one have a bread recipe with hot peppers in it?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by AhBee01, Jan 10, 2010.

1. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I buy a bread that has hot banana peppers & I think cheddar cheesse in it, it is called hot pepper bread, I can not find a recipe at all. I find a recipe that calls for cheddar cheese and black pepper.
    Any ideas?
    TIA, Brenda

2. flora

flora Out Of The Brooder

I've got a good friend that makes the best Jalepeno Bread, I don't have her recipe, but she told me she just chops up a roasted jalepeno or uses canned jalapeno and puts it in her bread dough. She may put cheese in it too. She is a wonderful cook.

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:Same for mine. A normal white loaf, then knead in sliced jalipinos and top with cheddar.

4. AhBee01

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Thanks I will try that!

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Use the Gump bread recipe and fill it with chopped peppers of your choice and some Cheddar cheese, top the bread with more cheese. Sun-dried tomatoes might be good in there with that.

6. AhBee01

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    sounds yummy!

7. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    I make this one using jalapenos and green chilies. Calls for a bread machine, but you can mix/knead by hand and bake in an oven at 350* for about 25 minutes for a tradtional loaf.
    Cinco de Mayo Loaf

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by