any one have a pictures of a goldenred breasted?aka darth vadar?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by xchairity_casex, Aug 13, 2011.

1. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    last night i had 10 new buttons hatch (still waiting on 10 more) and one is a golden red breasted or what some people call a darth vadar (hate that name but whatever) and i am really curious as to what htey look like as adults can anyone show me a picture?

2. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    www.stellargamebirds.com is the only advice i can give, that is quaillady's site, she probably has what you're looking for

just go to the button quail colors tab at the top

3. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

There is no such thing as a dark vader, they call them that so they can sell more because it is something nobody has heard of.

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    It's probably a black face red breasted. Darth vader was a coined term a while back and is incorrect. Photos of the colors should be on my website.

5. xchairity_casex

Feb 5, 2011
    [​IMG]
    this is the chick any ideas what its going to look like when it gets older? the yellow fluff is very bright which makes me think that part will end up white (it looks darker in the pic) and the bum and head are brown i read on one website it was called a golden red breasted but i cant find any pics of a golden red breasted

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It could be a tuxedo or a regular red breasted. I would lean more towards tux since it is so yellow.

7. austin12895

austin12895 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2009
    Reedsville, WI
    [​IMG]

This is a chick that i just hatched out. it turned out to be a tuxedo. [​IMG] if that helps any

8. xchairity_casex

Feb 5, 2011
    thanks you guys i was so confused! i bet he is going to be a lovely babby when he grows up! i love watching htem develop there colors so neat but sometimes i like to get an idea of what it might be

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by