any one have any candling pics of turkey eggs

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by mbnewby, May 19, 2010.

1. mbnewby

mbnewby Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    i have 11 bronze turkey eggs and five chicken eggs in the incubator and can see after four days the beating heart while candling the chickeneggs and even see artres in tghe chicken eggs the turkey eggs im not sure of what to exspect at day 4 with candling

2. SAORSA

SAORSA Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Wine Country
    I have never candled a turkey egg but found this site that might be helpful.

ucanr.org/freepubs/docs/8134.pdf

Also you could go to the BYC search box and type in candling turkey eggs and find several posts that will be very helpful.

GOOD LUCK [​IMG]

3. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    I have attempted to get candling pics of turkeys eggs but the results have not been good. If a person had a really high tech camera with very low light settings maybe.

4. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    4 days is to early IMO. I seem to do better about 7 days.

5. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    I candled at day 10. Here are a couple pics of the same egg to show movement. Here is a pic taken a few minutes ago at day 16. You can see that there is much more development and that the mass in the lower end of the egg is much less transparent. At day 10 I could see a lot of development. Tonight I saw a leg kick...wish I could have gotten that in a pic.

day 10
    [​IMG]

day 10 again, movement over a couple seconds dark spot is an eye, and plenty of veins
    [​IMG]

Day 16..much more mass in the lower end of the egg
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by