Any one have pics for me to view

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chukarbuds, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Chukarbuds

Chukarbuds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2012
    Colorado
    Im planning on using plastic and tarps for the run over the winter. Any one have some pics on their profile I could view to get some ideas? Im a little confused on how to cover the top. The run is flat on top. Will post a pic. How can they get sun light if it is covered on top [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks like you have power there. Maybe you could hook up a light.

3. Chukarbuds

Chukarbuds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2012
    Colorado
    They were just extension cords for the saw and drill. I was just hoping some one had a link for some ideas of how people had their pens set up for the winter using plastic :) Or maybe they have some pics for ideas on their profile. Lotsa people telling me chickens dont need heat.????

4. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    I covered the top of the run & part of the sides with a tarp but i left the front open as well as part of the sides for light/vent. I do have a light set up in the coop for the dark rainy days to help with egg production. You will just have to play around & see what works for your setup :)

1 person likes this.
  5. barnaclebob

barnaclebob Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    You could just make a roof out of the clearish corrugated roofing. Looks like it would be less than $100 to cover that area.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by