Any one here sell items on Etsy

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by popcornpuppy, Jan 14, 2010.

1. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    Hi all. I am thinking about selling some crochet items on Etsy. I was wondering how many people here sell on Etsy and what has your experience been like? Is it hard to sell, is there alot of competition, do you ever make a profit (after figuring the cost of supplies and materials)? Tell me your stories please.

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:I know Terrie Lacy does. I've boughten quite a few patterns off esty (that huge hello kitty pattern set? yep!). You may want to think of selling patterns as well as finished work.

3. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Yep yep yep! http://biscottiqueen.etsy.com

My experience has been fabulous compared to 9 years on ebay. I must say though, its hard to get those first few sales... but once you have decent feedback, you can get rolling. Its also much more worth the expensive at $0.20 per item for 3 months of listing time. But I do know some tricks that help... like removing listings and relisting every month instead to make them appear fresh on the front page as a NEW listing. That's a big one too... you want some front page appreciation. You should also try to participate in treasuries... if you list someone elses items in your treasury, people will also return the favor occasionally and list your item. Treasuries have the potential to be a front page listing as soon as etsy loads. That will get you hundreds of hits and maybe even many sales in a span of an hour. [​IMG]

Good luck, just remember to market yourself and I think etsy could work for you.

4. Bebop

Bebop Chillin' With My Peeps

I sell too.. www.bebop.etsy.com
    I haven't really kept up, but just make something unique and take lots of clear pictures, describe your product well, and you'll sell.
    The only reason I haven't sold much: I haven't posted much, so just keep up and have lots to choose from as well!
    Hope this helps!
    >^.^<

5. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Im in the beginning stages, only have a few things listed but looking forward to more. I like purchasing from there too, I like the idea of helping out a fellow small business. www.celebrationscrafts.etsy.com
    I also thing the fees are more than reasonable. I purchase a showcase listing occasionally for only $7.

6. Sara1982

Sara1982 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2008
    Paris KY
  7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Great stuff! Good luck!

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I like it much better than ebay or any other site, so far. Cost is quite reasonable and it's very user friendly.
    I need to get busy listing! [​IMG]

www.auntsallysattic.etsy.com

9. k3llyVA

k3llyVA Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2012
    Arlington, VA
    Reviving this old thread to see who else is selling on Etsy now! I'm just getting started here on BYC and on Etsy...

Stop by and check out our hand-screen printed t shirts. More designs, and aprons and pillows coming soon!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PointGraphicInk

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by