Any one know what breed they might be???

cher145s

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Hello Everyone

Okay this is what i need to find out. I have acquired some chicken eggs that have now hatched.. looked all over in books and other sites to figure out what breed they are. I have pictures of them they are just getting their pinfeathers in... could use some help identifying them... not to sure if they are true breeds or just a mutt makes no difference to me. They are still cute as a button..I am thinking possible in the Wyandotte family because of the markings... then I thought bantam but the eggs were to big???? need some kind of idea what breed they are and hoping for some help. I uploaded some pictures on my page ( I hope ) kinda new at this...
Thanks everyone
Cheryl

81499_scanner_009.jpg

81499_scanner_008.jpg

AlabamaChickenLady

Songster
9 Years
Jan 4, 2011
Oak Grove, Alabama
Well, I'm no expert and maybe someone else with more knowledge will chime in here. They are cute little buggers, aren't they!!!

But my "guess" would be a cross between Buff Orphington and Barred Rocks. I have both breeds and I can imagine they would look like this if I crossed them. That's just my guess thou.

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
What makes you think they're Wyandottes? That's not lacing you see there if that's what you're wondering.
smile.png

The coloration looks to be a cross of wheaten and duckwing, with a couple pure Wheatens in there. Either they're a Wheaten colored breed or indeed are mutts.

But as an FYI - I see a male in there as well as a definite wheaten female.

cher145s

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
What makes you think they're Wyandottes? That's not lacing you see there if that's what you're wondering. smile

The coloration looks to be a cross of wheaten and duckwing, with a couple pure Wheatens in there. Either they're a Wheaten colored breed or indeed are mutts.

But as an FYI - I see a male in there as well as a definite wheaten female.

so you think Wheaten or duckwing.... I am going to see if I can find some pictures on line.. whooooo hoooo its a start such cute little buggers!!
smile.png
)

which one did you think was the male??​

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
They're not Speckled Sussex - Having white tips on the feathers is not indicative of mottling, it is indicative of duckwing or wheaten patterning.

Bottom photo, to the left in front looks to be a male.

Top Bottom