Any one know what breed they might be???

cher145s

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Hello Everyone

Okay this is what i need to find out. I have acquired some chicken eggs that have now hatched.. looked all over in books and other sites to figure out what breed they are. I have pictures of them they are just getting their pinfeathers in... could use some help identifying them... not to sure if they are true breeds or just a mutt makes no difference to me. They are still cute as a button..I am thinking possible in the Wyandotte family because of the markings... then I thought bantam but the eggs were to big???? need some kind of idea what breed they are and hoping for some help. I uploaded some pictures on my page ( I hope ) kinda new at this...
Thanks everyone
Cheryl

81499_scanner_009.jpg

81499_scanner_008.jpg

Well, I'm no expert and maybe someone else with more knowledge will chime in here. They are cute little buggers, aren't they!!!

But my "guess" would be a cross between Buff Orphington and Barred Rocks. I have both breeds and I can imagine they would look like this if I crossed them. That's just my guess thou.

What makes you think they're Wyandottes? That's not lacing you see there if that's what you're wondering.
smile.png

The coloration looks to be a cross of wheaten and duckwing, with a couple pure Wheatens in there. Either they're a Wheaten colored breed or indeed are mutts.

But as an FYI - I see a male in there as well as a definite wheaten female.

What makes you think they're Wyandottes? That's not lacing you see there if that's what you're wondering. smile

The coloration looks to be a cross of wheaten and duckwing, with a couple pure Wheatens in there. Either they're a Wheaten colored breed or indeed are mutts.

But as an FYI - I see a male in there as well as a definite wheaten female.

so you think Wheaten or duckwing.... I am going to see if I can find some pictures on line.. whooooo hoooo its a start such cute little buggers!!
smile.png
)

which one did you think was the male??​

They're not Speckled Sussex - Having white tips on the feathers is not indicative of mottling, it is indicative of duckwing or wheaten patterning.

Bottom photo, to the left in front looks to be a male.

Back
Top Bottom