1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any one listen to ham radio?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ibpboo, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    remotehams.com

This is my son's website

RemoteHams.com is a global community for online web radios. Enjoy listening to Aircraft, Boats, Ham Radio, Shortwave & more by joining our community today! Enjoy rare DX you may never hear have a chance to hear. Test your own signal propagation, are you being heard? Find a radio and listen for yourself! Hope you find the site very usefull, thanks for coming & enjoy!

2. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

Dh is a ham.

3. ibpboo

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Quote:Great. Have him check out the site. You can tune to radios through the computer. There are radios in London, CO, CA, sometimes the Germany one is on, others too. Its a new site, still in the makings.[​IMG]

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    _._. _ _._ _._. _ _._ _.. . _._ _.. ...._ _ _ . ... _._

(CQ, CQ DE KD6MES K,)

I'm a HAM, My Call sign is KD6MES. General Class and VEC.
    I also enjoy SSTV and PACKET

5. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

we always have a radio going. my husband and 5 of my children are hams. The only thing I don't like is when they listen to them in the car.

6. candyd

candyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Corinth, NY
    I am also a Ham Radio Operator N2OKA. I have been inactive for quite a while, but have been thinking about getting back into it.

7. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    My hubby wants to get into it. I'll send him to site!

8. ibpboo

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Quote:Were you able to go to the site? You can click on different radios and listen to them through your computer.

9. Bird Hearder

Bird Hearder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Salisbury, Md.
  10. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Quote:Were you able to go to the site? You can click on different radios and listen to them through your computer.

I went to the site and then one of the kids did one of those great kid stunts .... lightbulb vs big green ball [​IMG]. So I had to go clean (the reason we don't use those spiral bulbs in his room - that kid could break concrete - I gave birth to Destructo the toddler that can destroy anything in his path). I saved the site and hubby by was thrilled with it! He looked at it later! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by