1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any one on Delmarva?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Downtownhen, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Downtownhen

Downtownhen Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2013
    Delmarva
    Hey there I'm on Delmarva in Maryland and I'm looking for a place to get a couple young bantam laying hens. My husband is almost finished building my coop but I still haven't found a chicken breeder. I will be a first time chicken owner so I don't want chicks. Any recommendations would be fabulous.

2. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    I'm on Delmarva, and I own a couple of seramas but I can't get their eggs to hatch. Why do you want bantams?

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] You can go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum to locate and post on your state thread. The new members thread is seen by people around the world, most of which don't live anywhere near you. Your state thread should bring you in contact with some people nearer to you.

Once you have 20 posts you can participate in the buy-sell-trade forum on BYC, there is also 'free animals that need rehoming,' and you could list a "wanted to buy" ad, and see what responses you get.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]Happy you joined!

1 person likes this.
  5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve.:frow

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

8. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

9. MsKris

MsKris New Egg

Oct 23, 2013
    Hi!

I also live in the area referred to as "Delmarva", the Maryland part. Just joined BYC and so far am enjoying learning all there is to know about chickens! I just came up with a "coop" plan, going to modify my daughters old playhouse and build a run. I have been waiting and waiting for my hubby to build a coop. A wise old friend told me if I wait for that , I will never have coop. Must get chickens first, then coop will come! I didn't go with that advice but decided to venture out on my own with this idea. I think it will be great fun and a wonderful learning experience for my daughter and I. Not to mention, I have been trusted in caring for my neighbors chickens when they are out of town...my payment...fresh eggs, I'm HOOKED!

Trying to decide what would be the best breed to start off caring for? Any suggestions?

10. Downtownhen

Downtownhen Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2013
    Delmarva
    thanks for the advice I will be sure to look on the where are u forum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by