Any one still macrame?

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
Back in the mid 1970's I used to macrame and am interested in making plant hangers again.

Does anyone still do macrame? I could use some help remembering how to do the knots and could you also share some patterns for plant hangers? (email them or pm them on here).

I mainly do a basic square knot for flat pieces (4 strands of cording with 2 running through the center of the knot.. and the two outside strands forming the knot) and "half square knots" for any twisted parts... if that makes any sense.

for plant hangers I start with a hook or metal ring at the top (or tie a loop).. fastening all the cords to it and tying the knots as I separate the cords. Number of cords depends on how large of a hanger and the thickness of the cording. I split them off into 4 cord sections for making the square and half square knots.. adding any beads and decorations as I tie the knots. As I go down the lengths I usually blend the sections back into each other and divide them off to make sort of a webbing or "basket" for holding the pot. Lol.. kind of hard to explain without pictures or sketches.. maybe if I get a chance later this week I'll dig out some cord and make a few so I can post pics.

Thank you. I am wanting to give it a try again. I remember it was fairly easy all those many years ago, but this old brain just doesn't work as well as back then.
hmm.png

Hello,
I do and I have some really easy to very hard patterns, I save everything, I have hangers inside and out, yep thought I was the only one left who knew what this was. Kinda like a record player, lol
Kathleen (kat)

HI,
If you would like some directions for different projects, I have hangers single/double, pattern for a cradle, purses, wall decorations, let me know what you are interested in and I will dig and scan and I should be able to post it here right?
Kat

Years ago I used a hanging cradle for my daughter and now my daughter is having a "SURPRISE" baby. I have been looking for a pattern for a macrame hanging cradle to make for her. If you have the instructions for one I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Years ago I used a hanging cradle for my daughter and now my daughter is having a "SURPRISE" baby. I have been looking for a pattern for a macrame hanging cradle to make for her. If you have the instructions for one I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Here is one.

I am wanting to make a hanging cradle, but cannot find an oval to hang form. Any suggestions? The mattress is 23.3" x 29.5"

Back
Top Bottom