Any one uses misters?

We had some 90 degree days last week, so I'd take the hose out to the girls yard and do a light spray up in the air. The girls would come racing out of the coop and throughly enjoy the shower. Then I decided to do what you did. I attached a drip line hose, with misters, and attached them to go across the top corner of their fenced yard. When I turned it on they ran from it, like yours did. I removed all but one mister and that seemed to be better. By the time I'd fine tuned everything it was getting dark and now it's dropped into the 60's, so I haven't turned it back on. I think that once they get used to it they will appreciate it. I'm thinking that maybe the sppppp noise from the mister might frighten them til they get used to it.

Thank you for the tips!
smile.png

I installed misters in my run yesterday. They didn't make enough noise for my birds to even notice it. I've seen different mister kits over the years and the quality varies. Some are nothing more than plastic line with plastics nozzles that spit and drip.

I picked up a kit at Lowe's yesterday that I was thoroughly impressed with. The brand was Mist & Cool. This was their kit with 1/2" line and 8 nozzles. It has a 15' leader hose going to section about 16' long with the 8 nozzles. It is a decent quality hose with brass and stainless steel nozzles that can swivel on the hose. The nozzles are high quality, put out a very fine mist and don't drip at all. I paid $35 for it, plus fittings and a valve to run it off of the watering system I already had at the coop.

DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom