1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any one want to play the "cockerel or pullet" game with my chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MaryZoe, Jun 26, 2016.

1. MaryZoe

MaryZoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2016
    Naples, FL
    It's my first time hatching chicks, but based on my perusal of a lot of these threads, I have my suspicions about my little fellas. I would love to hear from some more seasoned veterans about the possible gender of my 25 day old chicks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So the chick on the right in the above photos is Butterscotch. He (I suspect) was born a solid buttery yellow color. His head is still yellowish, but he's feathering out oranges, blacks, and golds. He's a Speckled Sussex-Silkie mix. He's very outgoing and curious. Always the first to try anything new. The rest are the shots of Stiltskin (looked a lot like "Rumples" when he was born). Stiltikin I'm hoping is a pullet. Any guesses based on her color and comb? She's also the SS-Silkie mix. They're siblings. I'll upload photos of my other two EE's separately. Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to play the game! :)

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

the best age to sex chicks at is around 6-8 weeks old

3. MaryZoe

Jun 26, 2016
    Naples, FL
    So I've read. But I thought I'd give it a go, just in case. [​IMG]

4. MaryZoe

Jun 26, 2016
    Naples, FL