Any other ZooEasy users out there? + what i think...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by call ducks, Dec 28, 2010.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Will I bought ZooEasy poultry version yesterday. I am awe massed with this software! The things it can do, with that there are a few improvements i think they could make. Here is
    What i think about the program....

ZooEasy for Poultry is the best poultry Record keeping program i have used. With Almost every thing you could want (and then some). ZooEasy was developed with zoo's in mind. Zoo's use Pair breeding, some thing most poultry people do not. Most do what i call "pen Breeding" having one or two (or many in some cases) of There breeds. I have found one way to get around this is by "telling" the program that you mated the same rooster with different hens, in truth you do. It is harder to tell what chick came out of what hen. But all the software i have tired is this way... You can add your own Breeds and Colours No more scrolling down those long lists with Every breed. Also you can add waiting lists etc to the contacts...
    [​IMG]

You can add just the breeds and Colours you have, and take them away just as easy.

It also has a neat feature that auto calculates how inbred one bird/chick is. I think that is a good feature for selecting your breeding pens.

Any other users of it? I got it manly for my Hungarian Yellow "project". But now i know that it will be useful for all my breeds

2. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    I'm just installing windows & fusion on my mac JUST so I can order it. The demo looks awesome and now that I am breeding I've outgrown the spreadsheets.

3. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:You should LOVE it. Mine is awesome [​IMG] you get a year of free updates of new versions etc.

4. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    just downloaded it but can't get an activation code till payment processes....argh

5. tagra123

tagra123 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Lima, Ohio
    We went with the online software at http://homesteadapps.com. We use it to keep track of feed costs, breeding, and production and it has been very easy to use so far.

They have free feed usage and production forms offered at their site can be used without the program. We use the froms with the software as recommended in their help.

We started using them with the hatch chart calculator, then the free forms for our rabbits and chickens and finally splurged for the $9.99 for the software.

We did contact them to see if they could add rebreed reminder for poultry users and they said they would try to add it in January.

I'll post a picture later if I have some extra time (rarely)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by