Any others from Ontario, Canada going this weekend?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by LittleChickenRacingTeam, Mar 5, 2008.

1. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Saturday, March 08, 2008
    Oxford Poultry & Pet Stock Association’s
    Buy-Sell-Trade Day - Poultry Building - 8:00 AM
    Woodstock Ontario Fairgrounds

It's my annual expanding of my flock. I have 6 right now, & am looking for lucky #7 to join my spoiled menagerie.
    Maybe a silver laced polish, or silver sebright, or????

Also coming up for those in Ontario...

Saturday, March 15, 2008
    Eastern Bird Breeders Spring Auction
    Vernon, Ontario

Sunday, April 20, 2008
    Flamborough Fur & Feather Fanciers Association’s
    Spring Auction - Fairgrounds
    Rockton, Ontario

Sunday, April 27, 2008
    Saugeen Valley Fur & Feather Fancier’s
    Buy-Sell-Trade Day - 7:00 AM - Fairgrounds
    Mount Forest, Ontario

I'll be at Rockton for sure, & maybe Mount Forest. I know there were some Ontario members looking for specific breeds. Post here or PM me & I will keep an eye out for them & get breeder info on what you are looking for.

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Golden cascade ducks. Need some leads badly so anything would be appreciated.

3. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Thanks so much for putting that info up !
    I also have 6 girls and have the itch to expand.....were is Vernon?....I know i could find it on the computer but its to early hahaha!....Have a great day !....PS....I am really interested in EE's......green eggs!

4. LittleChickenRacingTeam

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Vernon is south of Ottawa.

5. LittleChickenRacingTeam

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    I've had to cancel plans of going to Woodstock today. We are getting hit by another fierce storm. I don't think I could even get out the driveway at this point. [​IMG]

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Bummer you can't go. [​IMG]
    I was going to suggest you augment your spoiled flock with a couple call ducks. They can live in the house and they only poop little poops. [​IMG]

7. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    You know LCRT you need to design a tiny little snowplow for your chickens to pull. Maybe a six-hitch harness too [​IMG]

I rather doubt *anyone's* going to the Woodstock auction today, unfortunately.

Pat

8. LittleChickenRacingTeam

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Quote:I fell in love with a little white call duck at our fall fair. I'm still hoping to get some this year, & build a floating coop for them on my pond.

9. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    This is weather crazy !.....My kids are kinda ticked because they would of liked the snowstorm to start Monday morning so they could have another snow day from school.....maybe the 10th this year ! and now I make myself laugh because i can tell them stories of when I was a kid and how much snow we had back then.....and this winter is reminding me of when i was a kid......my nieces and nephews have been talking to their moms worrying about Easter and how we are going to have our out door Easter Egg hunt in the snow....hahaha!
    I'd rather Stay warm and safe than driving that stretch of the 401 to Woodstock...Keep warm !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by