Any pagan Hellenists out there?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LeafBlade12345, Feb 26, 2016.

1. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello,
    Please keep this fun so this thread is not locked. I was wondering if anyone still practices the Ancient Greek religion of Hellenism, which includes the practices of worshipping the Twelve Olympians and other deities. Thanks! :)

Regards,
    Leaf

1 person likes this.
  2. goosiesnougs

goosiesnougs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2014
    New England
    I for one do not.[​IMG]

3. LeafBlade12345

Thank you for the input! Are you pagan? BYC has such a diverse community and I hope to meet some others. :)

Regards,
    Leaf

4. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    I don't, but I appreciate you giving them a place to post.

Are you pagan? Do you still practice?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  5. LeafBlade12345

I am a pagan and practice, though I do not belong to any particular religious groups, churches, etc. I mainly focus on Greek paganism, Hellenism, but earth-centered spiritualism also plays a big part in it. I believe that all religions are interesting and diverse and formed my beliefs slowly as I studied. I always love to learn more. :)

Regards,
    Leaf

1 person likes this.
  6. RuthiePoo

RuthiePoo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2016
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia
    Not as a practice but the subject always fascinates me. I class myself as a non practicing pagan. I don't follow any rituals but I do believe in the fundamentals. Ancient History of any country holds my attention.

7. LeafBlade12345

I rarely practice, occasional food burning on the solstices and such. Nothing major. It is fascinating. :)

Regards,
    Leaf

8. huntingirl

huntingirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    So y'all do witchcrfty things?

I for one am not a pagan. I am a Christian. But I do respect y'all. I'm not one to think I'm better than others and condemn.

I do have some questions tho.
    Do y'all know homer made these gods up?
    Why do you worship them?
    Do you believe they will protect you?
    Can you prove it?
    Have you always been this way, even as a kid?
    What made you want to be this way?
    What do your parents think?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  9. LeafBlade12345

Not witchcraft, at least not in my religion.

To answer your questions:

1. I do not believe that Homer made these Gods up. They have been recorded before he wrote of them. This question peeved me a bit, but I'm not sure what you meant by it exactly, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

2. I am not sure how to answer this one. I worship them because I believe in them. What else is there to say? Why do you worship Jesus?

3. No. I believe that the Fates have decided when my time will come, and that that is not to be influenced by higher forces.

4. I cannot prove anything. But this could also be asked about any religion.

5. I have always held this belief except for brief periods as an agnostic atheist.

6. Ever since I learned of these Gods, I knew that they were my path. Sounds cheesy and stupid, I know, but I can't find any other way to phrase it. :)

7. Neither of my parents agree with my views, but they are tolerant and never try to put my religion down. We have never been a religious family.

I hope I answered your questions. I believe that all of them can be asked of any person, of any religion, not just Hellenists. :)

Regards,
    Leaf

10. huntingirl

huntingirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    I'm sorry that I peeved you. Just wanted to know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by