Any people showing ducks this Fall and selling young adult exhibition ducks?

I have a pair of Pomeranians available now. And I’m not super far from the OK border.
View attachment 2886843
I’m at work, so the time is about 15 minutes longer but anyway it’s a fairly straightforward drive.
We couldn't find a farm sitter to go to Normon or Ohio shows. Have you shown your Poms? Do you only sell them in the Fall or Spring too? I have horse trainer friend, Kelly Taylor, in Coweta, OK and her daughter shows chickens, so I get down that way sometimes.

We couldn't find a farm sitter to go to Normon or Ohio shows. Have you shown your Poms? Do you only sell them in the Fall or Spring too? I have horse trainer friend, Kelly Taylor, in Coweta, OK and her daughter shows chickens, so I get down that way sometimes.
I sell throughout the year as I have them available. I'll have goslings in the Spring. I have not shown them, but I try to be picky about their confirmation and critique the flock based on the SOP and remove birds that don't meet that standard to pet homes.

I sell throughout the year as I have them available. I'll have goslings in the Spring. I have not shown them, but I try to be picky about their confirmation and critique the flock based on the SOP and remove birds that don't meet that standard to pet homes.
Is it true that's it's better if they don't imprint on you when young? Some people have the opinion that it makes the bird more aggressive. I'm pretty sure I understand about how to handle them during breeding season, and to not back down from challenges, but be calm.

Is it true that's it's better if they don't imprint on you when young? Some people have the opinion that it makes the bird more aggressive. I'm pretty sure I understand about how to handle them during breeding season, and to not back down from challenges, but be calm.
I find the Pomeranians to be the calmest of the two breeds. I also have American Buff and Blue geese. The Poms are louder, but much less likely to actually get after me. Sometimes the gander would sneak up and do a quick little nibble on a mud boot and then scurry away before I turned around. lol The Buffs are quieter, but much more likely to get me. lol I've figured it out now though. When the ganders rush me I just bend over and baby talk them and ask them if they want cuddles and are good boys. They get very offended and stalk off.

I hand-raised the Blues and they aren't particularly friendly. I usually let the hens raise the goslings because they are fantastic moms. But I'm hoping to hatch some myself and let them have the rest to incubate.

Back
Top Bottom