Any personal experience with SKYBLUE EGGS?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by astatula, May 6, 2009.

1. astatula

astatula Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Astatula
    I am buying some eggs from a site called skyblue egg and wanted to know if anyone here has personal experience with this seller. They claim to sell "Pure Araucana" eggs.

I would love to hear that you received all of your eggs intact and they were a beautiful blue color and you had a 100% hatch rate, but only if it's true. Thanks, Ron

2. astatula

astatula Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Astatula
    Okay, I got an answer. Pretty much what I was expecting and what was rumored around the boards of the chicken crowd. Now I really need a contact for some really blue egg layers.

I don't care if they are Araucana's or Ameraucana's, just as long as they are standard size breed and lay only BLUE.

Someones gotta have some quality real blue eggers.

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Quote:Hickjc I just hatched some of her Araucana the eggs where beautiful!

4. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    I will say i have watched this for many years. Most people are calling different shades of green " blue eggs". I have seen very few eggs that were actually blue. I also inquired about some blue eggs from skyblue egg and the picture of the eggs she sent did not impress me enough to buy. Ask for a picture of the actual eggs you will get and make your own decision.

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I don't sell eggs to people wanting "blue" eggs because blue is in the eye of the beholder.....................

Most blue eggs do have a hint of green in them, even robins eggs.

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I'd definitely vouch for Pips & Peeps' Ameraucana line! I recently hatched a few out (from someone who bought her stock), and they were definitely blue. Light blue, but blue...not green. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

These are the bluest I've seen.

7. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    A better comparison would be to have some of the green eggs and other colors in the picture with the blue ones. They do look blue.

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Blue or green eggs show their color best when they are against a white background.

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    When I collect my eggs for shipping, I pick the best color while I am out in the diffused natural light of the coop.

Flourescent lights make everything appear a little greener than they are.

I also prefer the eggs that have darker pigment, even if they are a little more on the green side, like teal colored ones.

10. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I've bought from Hinjc as well and I've been thrilled w/ coloring, quality of the birds, etc. Of course I agree that blue is in the eye of the beholder in many of these cases.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by