Any personal experience with SKYBLUE EGGS?

astatula

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Astatula
I am buying some eggs from a site called skyblue egg and wanted to know if anyone here has personal experience with this seller. They claim to sell "Pure Araucana" eggs.

I would love to hear that you received all of your eggs intact and they were a beautiful blue color and you had a 100% hatch rate, but only if it's true. Thanks, Ron

Okay, I got an answer. Pretty much what I was expecting and what was rumored around the boards of the chicken crowd. Now I really need a contact for some really blue egg layers.

I don't care if they are Araucana's or Ameraucana's, just as long as they are standard size breed and lay only BLUE.

Someones gotta have some quality real blue eggers.

I will say i have watched this for many years. Most people are calling different shades of green " blue eggs". I have seen very few eggs that were actually blue. I also inquired about some blue eggs from skyblue egg and the picture of the eggs she sent did not impress me enough to buy. Ask for a picture of the actual eggs you will get and make your own decision.

I don't sell eggs to people wanting "blue" eggs because blue is in the eye of the beholder.....................

Most blue eggs do have a hint of green in them, even robins eggs.

I'd definitely vouch for Pips & Peeps' Ameraucana line! I recently hatched a few out (from someone who bought her stock), and they were definitely blue. Light blue, but blue...not green. Here's a pic:

EggsfromPeachick.jpg

These are the bluest I've seen.

When I collect my eggs for shipping, I pick the best color while I am out in the diffused natural light of the coop.

Flourescent lights make everything appear a little greener than they are.

I also prefer the eggs that have darker pigment, even if they are a little more on the green side, like teal colored ones.

I've bought from Hinjc as well and I've been thrilled w/ coloring, quality of the birds, etc. Of course I agree that blue is in the eye of the beholder in many of these cases.

Back
Top Bottom