1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Pet Sitters/Dog walkers here?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by erthymom2, Dec 18, 2008.

1. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    I put the word out in my community that I am available for pet sitting/watching at the owners home for a fee: two visits per day feeding,hugging,watering and walking for $15 in-town, $20 out-town..
    The response has been great and my list for Christmas-NY week coverage is already filled up.

Does anyone else to this and if so, do you have any pointers or advice?
    tks.

2. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Wish I could find a good pet sitter.

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    i'd take any job right now [​IMG] young so... cant really work, and im in the country so no stores/paper routes, Pet sitter sounds like a pretty good job though.. do like pets after all. Still wouldn't be good though as everyone around here is dirt poor/family, and i either watch their pets for free while they come up here or they just wouldn't pay me,

-Daniel

4. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Daniel, put an ad in the paper that you want to housesit people's dogs. Lots of people around me would need you. When Anne and I go on vacations, we pay the lady who stays in our house to watch our dogs $25 a day, and we have to book her WAY in advance.
    This Christmas, my son, daughter-in-law, Anne and I are all going to St. Augustine to be with my daughter for Christmas. We called too late to get the lady who usually watches our dogs. Luckily, my brother said that he'd stay here for a week; we'll be paying him $25 per day too.

5. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I was just now going through the mail getting ready to open it, and I noticed a Christmas card to Siegmund and Sieglinde from the dog sitter. Now how neat is that!

6. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I pet sit (I am right now in fact) but I don't advertise. I have a few people who know me from when I worked at my vet clinic and by word of mouth. They hire me whenever they go out of town. I have thought about advertising to get more clients, but my life is so busy all the time that I don't know when I'd fit it in. I charge a flat rate of $10 a day no matter how many animals they have. Sometimes they pay me more in the summer when I have to water and when gas was so high, but I'm not really into for the money. I just love helping people out because as a pet owner, I know how hard it is to get someone responsible to take care of your pets. It's more my way of giving back. My daughter, however, is looking forward to making money on it as soon as she gets her license. [​IMG]

7. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

I am a dog sitter I have a fenced in yard and I treat all dogs as if they were family...how ever...I only sit dogs I know are well behaved...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by