Any photos of RIR x LS cockerel?

solomon1707

Hatching
Apr 25, 2018
We have a male chick from a RIR x LS hen and wondered if anyone had photos of a grown up one? I can see it appears the hybrid pullet is a good layer (which from my reading I think has multiple names from goldline, blacktail, warren, gingernut) but can't find any photos or feedback of a grown up cockerel. We aren't planning on using him for eggs just interested to know what he might turn out like. He is 3 weeks old at the moment and mainly coming through with white feathers. Thanks

Tanketal1.JPG

This is my Tank; your little one ought to look somewhat similar. He's my favourite in regards to temperament.

We have a male chick from a RIR x LS hen and wondered if anyone had photos of a grown up one? I can see it appears the hybrid pullet is a good layer (which from my reading I think has multiple names from goldline, blacktail, warren, gingernut) but can't find any photos or feedback of a grown up cockerel. We aren't planning on using him for eggs just interested to know what he might turn out like. He is 3 weeks old at the moment and mainly coming through with white feathers. Thanks

I would assume that LS stand for Light Sussex? this cross is a sex linked columbian restricted cross, where the females will look like RIR but a bit lighter due to the heterogeneous state of the red enhancers on the females, the males will be "Golden" in genotype, S/s+, as chick and before they mature will look very much like Light Sussex cockerels, but when they start to mature will get progressively golden in color, yellow hackles, darker saddle and perhaps dark orange shoulders, but the breast and underside will remain silver in color.

Here is a similar cross a RIR x Delaware(Delaware are silver columbian just like light sussex but the Delawares are also barred)

sexlink1.jpg

Thanks for reply’s, yes sorry light Sussex, think I am just a little impatient wanting to know what he will look like. This is him 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom