Any pics of 7-9 wk BO's?

Marcy, When did their combs start showing a red color? More than likely, you have a mix of roos and pullets. Some also mature faster than others. If I get a chance this weekend (probably Sunday), I'll take some pictures of mine. I know I have a mix. They are now 6 weeks old.

I ordered Buff Orpington pullets last fall, and they all developed combs and wattles, red ones at that, very early compared to my other breeds. I was worried that they were roos, but now they all lay eggs. Sorry, no pictures.

I didn't get them until they were about 6 weeks old, and some of them were already more red than others. Some are so large and so red that they scream rooster even to me!
smile.png
There are still a few who have light colored combs and wattles, but they are all at least pinkish, none are really yellow.

I'll attempt to get some pictures tonight and upload them from my moms house tomorrow. This is driving me bonkers!!! Thanks for all the help, keep the pictures coming.

Here are some pictures of my BO pullets about 7wks of age. I can take more updated pictures today or tomorrow, weather permitting. They are probably closer to 9 weeks now I guess. Time goes by so fast any more, it is hard to keep track of their age. Hope these pictures help some. I have about 7 BO chicks ranging in ages about a couple weeks apart. I love this breed and am happy I finally got some!!

PulletorRoo007.jpg

PulletorRoo006.jpg

PulletorRoo012.jpg

PulletorRoo018.jpg

PulletorRoo022.jpg

PulletorRoo038.jpg

I tried to get some pictures tonight, but the lads were a wee bit shy. I'll try again in the AM before I head out to moms. BTW, none of them look like the pictures right above this post
sad.png

I finally have pictures - they are 7 weeks old in these pictures.

This one I am pretty sure is "Mr. Roo"

P5040134.jpg

I think this one is probably a pullet:

P5040138.jpg

Here are two side-by-side ( backside to backside) -- noticeable difference is their combs:

P5040137.jpg

Back
Top Bottom