any pics of danish leghorn & americauna chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ticks, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I think I got an Ameracauna chick at TSC today but today I was surfing online and looked at some pics of danish leghorns. Is there any people with pics of those two breeds so I can tell what they are thanks
    ticks

2. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Most TSC I've been to sell the Easter Eggers. You can tell if you have one by the feet. They will be greenish.

These are my EE's:
    Can you see the poofy cheeks?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  4. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I have 2 danish brown leghorns a little over a week old (no good pics yet) they look just like the pics on the link Havi posted....
    Mine have yellow legs.

It is remarkable how the coloring is so close in the two breeds.

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    mine looks like a danish leghorn. except do ameracaunas have a stripe on there back that looks like a chipmunk? It has a stripe on its back and it is really crazy I think it has AD HD. It's legs are yellowish pink and he is very small but not bantam size. No the wild child does not have puffy cheeks. I will post some pics when and if I find my camera.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2008
  6. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    All of my EE's looked like chipmunks when they were that little and they all had greenish/gray legs.

Your's are adorable!! [​IMG]

I think it has 80HD

What is 80HD? [​IMG] I'm sort of new to chickens!! [​IMG]

7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    sorry I ment AD HD It is a hyperactive disorder He is hyper OMG. He runs around pecks my hand then jumps in it then he will run around in circles chasing all the other chicks. Then he eats, drinks, poops, and sleeps. The cycle continues. He is a guy though. He earned the name Rancid.

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Unfortunately, there are several breeds that look like little chipmunks as babies. Makes it hard to tell sometimes. Yours does sound like a Brown Leghorn, though. Leghorns are supposed to be spastic, hyper, flighty, little birds (though my experience has not shown that) and they are a very petitie bird. My Brown Leghorn baby is one of the smallest in the brooder.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Can you show a pic of a rooster danish leghorn. please Oh, and do you think I could take my chicks outside for like 10 minutes today? it's supposed to be warm

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I don't have a rooster. My adults are white (and both hens) and my only brown one isn't quite 3 weeks old yet (and better be female).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by