Any plumbing help would be appreciated..quickly

jerseygirl1

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Orange County, NY
OK, bathroom sink clogged - tried Drano, the snake, everything. DH is beside himself, I am beside myself listening to him. Any suggestions? House is old, so plumbing also is old, built in 1935. Tried the plunger also, we have a septic and well, if that makes a difference

Quote:
Get a dish pan, litter box or large pot... place under sink's pipe and use a wrench to unscrew the pipes. Water will run out and into the pan below, so make sure you have a big enough pan depending on how much water is in the sink and pipe. If you cant get to the clog from there, run snake through pipe.

Last edited:
Also, be careful if you have PVC (plastic) pipes under the sink as to not crack them or the parts that move.
When putting everything back together, tighten until good and snug, don't over tighten or you will crack it.
Depending on how the sink's pipes are laid out, you might want to take a picture before you remove anything so you remember how it goes back together.

I hope this helps
smile.png

sorry
sad.png
we thought it was in the bathroom

But he did what you said, and saved himself a lot of mopping!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me, I know I am no good at plumbing, but DH will never admit it......................

Quote:
LOL I'm glad i could help, even if it was just a little.
We've had many a stopped up sink living in military housing...
most times it was on a weekend or a holiday when the repair men were nowhere to be found
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom