Any Pros/cons brinsea 380

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Troy, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Troy

Troy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2010
    Forest City,Iowa
    Anybody have any pros and cons about the brinsea 380?

2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well the magic word is Brinsea [​IMG]

I've never had one of those.. I do have a 0ctagon 20 eco.. and it's great!

3. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Well lets see...the pros are: its bigger them my 190
    the con: I bought the 190 [​IMG]

Seriously, I 'only' have the 190 and I say only because I just did the math and realizes that if my 9 female guineas lay every day, if I set after 10 days...at 2 sets I'm full. Still have ducks, chickens etc to hatch and I'd be out of room plus guinea eggs would be piling up! Good thing I didn't sell the LG's. I'll have to use those for hatchers! lol

Do the math first. What are you hatching for? Chick sales are highest in the spring and summer.....is that enough space for all your eggs? Are you mainly testing fertility? Or hatching for chick sales? How many layers do you have? How many will you have optimally? If you'll never use that much space then the smaller one might be a better choice. As far as the 190 goes I have no complaints at all yet and I've been using mine since June. The only real downside is hatching in it. You put the eggs in a tray at the bottom and chick fluff gets EVERYWHERE! I have to empty the water trough and wash the sponge thing, plus wipe down the bottom, walls and racks after every hatch. Kinda hard to do when there are still eggs in there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by