Any Proud Cockatoo Owners On Here ???

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by PaigeHgibson, Jul 14, 2011.

1. PaigeHgibson

PaigeHgibson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    i am the proud owner of a ten year old Bare eyed Cockatoo Named Sunshine , I would love to see pictures of other Cockatoos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't own this cockatoo, but I would love to someday. He is a resident at the Animal Sanctuary where I work during my college breaks. He is just the sweetest thing, though he's not so fond of other people. For some reason, we just clicked and I love him to death. We are also the same age! His name is Big Bird and all of her other workers hate him. The people who gave him to the sanctuary said he was nasty and would bite. I've never had a problem with him and I can put my hands all over him and even in his mouth. The only times i ever get bit is when he looses his balance and grabs my hand to hold on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here he is giving me kisses. He loves when I give him kisses and he always makes kissy noises when he wants them. He also grooms my fingers like he grooms his feathers.
    [​IMG]

He's a real ham!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    I have i rose breasted i love her she is so funny but my ipad wont let me post pics

4. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Here is my big girl Mischa. She is around 8 yrs old and the biggest lovie I have ever met. I can do anything to this bird and she thinks it's all fun but she can not stand my husband. She keeps telling him he is a "Bad bird!!!"

[​IMG]

5. PaigeHgibson

PaigeHgibson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Mischa is Gorgous ! Sunshine is very choosey about his people hahah typical cockatoo [​IMG]

6. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    i love too but there so demanding...

chickerdoodle, sounds like big bird has made a very firm descision about who he wants to go home with...so you better get working on it LOL!
    hes a beauty!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  7. Lucretia

Lucretia Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2009
    DFW area
    Oh my goodness, I have been in love with cockatoos since I was a pre-teen. Always, always wanted one. But they're really expensive and I have about zero money right now...plus other people in the house protest the idea. I love bird noises, so it doesn't bother me a bit, but then, I love anything with feathers. Sadly, I'm kind of alone in that opinion.

Someday. Someday I will have one of these snuggly, fluffy, enormous, crazy critters. [​IMG]

8. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    I tip my hat to anyone that can raise and live with a healthy, happy cockatoo! [​IMG]
    After working with birds for the last 20+ years (5 of those years professionally), I can say that they are about the most difficult commonly kept companion parrots there are! I used to often joke that the ideal cockatoo owner was deaf, never left home, had a good income, and was blind to dust! [​IMG]

9. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    I have two rose breasted cockatoos. Rosalie was my 40th birthday present and Emmett was a rescue four months later.

Rosalie is a character and knows now strangers. She thinks everyone is here to love her.

Emmett has come a long way since I got him but still has a long way to go. He is terrified when you go anywhere near his cage with something in your hands. His wings and tail feathers where severely clipped and they had allowed a dog to jump on his cage. Poor scared little man.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by