Any Rabbit People? Warning Pic Heavy!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MrsFordTN, Mar 21, 2011.

1. MrsFordTN

MrsFordTN Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    I have had rabbits as far back as I can remember. I currently raise and show Satins and Mini Lops, but have other breed too. Just thought I would post, maybe a few pics, and see who else is a bunny person!

My first Ever Rabbit, Snickers! He passed away about a year ago at the age of 8. He was my main pal. We traveled everywhere with me, and yes he wore vests all the time... We had pictures done all the time for the holidays

[​IMG]

My first breeding Rabbits!

Giant Angoras

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

French Angoras

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

English Angora

[​IMG]

Current Bunnies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Our future show stopper)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Sugar, We are really looking forward to putting her on the table, her father has a total of 74 GC Legs!
    [​IMG]

Our current Show Stopper, KP (Grand Total of 24 Legs)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

KP with another soon to be show stopper, Dreamer (Full name Nashville Dreamer)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Cute bunnies! I have never seen the Angoras before. They are pretty!! We have four bunnies. I couldn't tell you what breed but the one looks like the brown and white in your eleventh pic! My kids love them!! So cuddly. Going to work on building them ramp so they can go into the chicken coop and run around!!

3. MrsFordTN

Mar 16, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Oh please post pics! I love all rabbits! If it looks like our little guy, most likely Mini Lop or some kind of mix, since there are a total of 6 (I think that is right) including Holland, French, English, American Fuzzy, Mini and Veleteen Lop he could be anything. If you want help IDing breeds I am willing to take a crack at it!

4. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

You have some beautiful rabbits [​IMG] I used to show rabbits too. I had netherland dwarfs, himalayans, holland lops, silver fox, and one english angora (my grandma picked it up for me). Just down to the one silver fox "Leela". I keep telling myself I need to get back into showing again, it was just to fun!

5. MrsFordTN

Mar 16, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Thank you, I love them sooooo much. I love my satins so much, the red rabbit, but can't seem to find any pictures. When I got married I downsized. At my parents' house I had full run of a huge two story cattle/horse barn, now I am limited in a prefab storage building. I at one point had 80 plus rabbits, including weaning and nestbox, Now I am at about 30-35.

Oh and exciting news, Nova, my very first Himi Netherland dwarf is due soon, pic 12. I drove all the way to the coast of GA to find her a 'man'! I confirmed movement tonight! I think she may only have one, praying not a peanut. So I am edge, this is her second litter, but the first she lost due to no experience.

6. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    GORGOUS buns! The giant angoras are too cool! Your Mini Lops are stunning too! I have a real soft spot for the lops. I only have Dwarf Hotots and Netherlands at the moment. I would love a lop again but I am out of room....I am sure any rabbit breeder can understand no more holes! [​IMG]

7. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Mine are not fancy but we love them anyway
    This is Frick my lionhead buck
    [​IMG]
    Frack who is in with Frick
    [​IMG]
    Ziggy mixed lionhead
    [​IMG]
    Finally Clyde my REW
    [​IMG]

8. MrsFordTN

Mar 16, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks! Oh I loved my Giant Angoras, but I payed good money for them (lets just say over 2 each) and could never get one single kit to birth! One doe would never take, even broke down and bred her to a Mini Lop Buck and nothing, she would be willing to breed but never had a single kit. The second doe, I bred her three times, and nothing, the fourth time she took. I was so happy just to have a confirmed pregnancy! So I waited and waited, kept feeling real baby movement, it was during the winter so I moved her in the house. One night I went out to feed and during that 30 mins, she had ONE Baby and failed to even try to care for it! She just left it on the floor and walked all over it. So the next week I sold them all, I was so over it! I don't have long haired rabbits anymore, minus a pair of Lionheads that are just pets for the most part. It was way to much work to have them plus a real life.

Now I will say I never liked mini lops until I picked one up at a show for a friend! Now I am head over heels in love! I have also found a new love in Himi anything, including my doe LH, all my nethies minus one and one amazing Standard Rex buck I picked up at nationals! But I am so excited about my Nova being pregnant! Daddy is a true chocolate himi import and she is black, so babies have to be himi!

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    cute pictures!

rabbits are so cool. we have a 6 year old house rabbit, that is such a lover-boy. thanks for sharing your pics.

[​IMG]
    heres ours named oreo. being a lover to our dog molly mcbutter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  10. MrsFordTN

Mar 16, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Oh I love your lionheads! I have two, PB DM. One REW Buck, he is a DM but its spotty still and One Blue himi Doe who is on the line between DM and Teddy. Now I will say I only bought them cause they was CRAZY cheap! Only $15 for the pair with pedigrees, no relation minus linebreeding. If anyone in East TN wants LHs I will gladly give up the breeders name. He is super nice and has great stock, and again CHEAP

EDIT: your house bunny is too cute! Snickers was my house bunny, we adopted him from Knoxville animal shelter when I was a freshman in HS. Did you have your guy neutered?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by