Any ranching type jobs in Australia?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by danischi24, Jan 17, 2011.

1. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    I'm thinking about going to Oz for a few months for work & to see if I want to emigrate. I have experience with horses, cattle (calf raising in particular) birds & camels. Are there any opportunities out there?

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I know I have heard of places that will hire people from overseas for a few months at a time. Some I know would need you to apply while still in your own country to work- and of course you would need the correct visa to work here. I will come back to this thread with some further information for you soon.

Just something for you to consider at the moment - with so much of the eastern states experiencing flooding currently- putting your trip off for a few months may be a good idea. It has been so devastating that it will take many months to get things back to normal in many places- but there is also likely to be farm work available in some ares because of the floods.

3. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    I'm looking to work in the dry areas that wont have been affected by flooding, rounding up camels/horses or something like that. I wont be going until I have a job lined up, getting a work visa is easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by