Any reviews on this Brinsea Incubator?

I don't have a mini, but after doing tons of research I settled on the eco 20 and I have 32 eggs in it right now (not a recommendation just a fact). There are lots of happy Brinsea owners on here and I know at least a few own the mini and have singed its praises. Good luck on your hunt, give me till the end of the month and I'll tell you what I think of mine!

Ahhh thank you both!!! I was really looking at the ECO 20 myself too but I pretty much wanted it to be as automatic as I could afford because I work part time. I figured if I had good luck with this one I could always get another if I wanted to do more eggs. I'm glad everyone has good things to say about it. My poor sister was getting 2 out of a dozen at the most in her incubator and it was really disappointing for her.
Let me know how your eggs turn out CDENNIS! I hope they all come piping out pretty little babies
smile.png

TY Desert Rooster, I would be tickled pink at 6 out of 7!

Where do y'all order your fertile eggs from? This is something else I am worried about too.

I don't have an auto turner and so far I haven't found turning the eco to be a hassle (working fulltime) again its only 24 hours but I am in there that often just looking at the humidity and temp that rotating it isn't a pain. Some only do it 3 times a day, I tend to do it more just making sure I don't end on the same side every night. Again, this is my first run, no pro by any means! But this is my experience so far. Best of luck.

Quote:
Really depends on what you want, I got some from a seller on here, I also have a few fertile eggs from my own flock and then I posted on craigslist asking for fertile hatching eggs and willing to pay a fair price. I got a lot of replies. Frankly, I just wanted a few to hedge my bets with shipped eggs since its my first hatch and I am going to be miserable if its a total flop. I am sure if you just wanted to hatch something, the craigslist route would work great. Of course, most people haven't split their flocks back out yet so they are all mix and you want to make sure you are dealing with someone who doesn't have a sick flock.

Just saw one of those on Craig's List in Washington state the other day said it had been used for one hatch and they were only asking I think $50 for it! I just bought a GQF 1202 professional and a hatcher from Washington last week. When I find another GQF cabinet bator I'll get rid of a couple of my small bators. I have a 1590 (Preset thermo), a 1588 Genesis, and a Little Giant the only reason I own the LG is I had an issue couple years ago and had to find something to move some eggs to "NOW" it was all I could find. It works but it's only for emergancy use as a back up! I hate it!

Back
Top Bottom