Any Roos? (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wingnut1, Apr 21, 2008.

1. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Oh! I think I have the direct link working -- hope this is an OK size! Chicks 5 weeks old today! Any roos?

L to R Basil, Cloud, Rhubarb
    [​IMG]

Basil (silver laced Wyandotte)
    [​IMG]

Cloud (Blue Cochin)
    [​IMG]

Rhubarb -( GL Polish)
    [​IMG]

Sheena - (EE)
    [​IMG]

Strawberry (Buff Orp.)
    [​IMG]

Gracie (gold laced wyandotte)
    [​IMG]

Ivy (Cuckoo Maran)
    [​IMG]

Here is a link to the Photobucket photo album -
    http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm216/wingnutphotos/chickens/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to say they are beautiful chicks! I love Cloud and the polish is beautiful!

Where did you get such a nice variety?

3. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

donnap1967

Hello! Thanks for your kind compliments! I think they are the cutest, but must admit to being a bit biased! [​IMG]

I ordered them through MyPetChicken.com, and they were shipped from Meyers hatchery.

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I think Basil might be a roo, then again I'm not sure.....I think, though, that by posting these pics you answered my question about what breed my chipmunk chick is!!!! She's got green legs and the same feathering as yours!!! Good luck!!

5. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

cjeanean

Thanks for your guess! I am wondering about Basil myself... ..hmmmm

I almost called my EE "Chipmunk" or "ALVINa" at first - *smile* - glad you found the photo helpful!

6. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    They are real cuties! Basil looks like a roo. Cloud is georgous! Can't tell what Rhubarb is, but he/she looks like a rock and roll star. So far the rest look like pullets to me.

7. rubysmom

rubysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    Those chicks are beautiful! We have a 7 week old Basil and a Gracie, AKA Bess and Bemmie, and the verdict is still out on the SLW. Looks a lot like yours, pinkish comb and a little bit of pink wattle showing. Some people say pullet and a few more say roo? What's a girl to do ? [​IMG]

We're keeping our fingers crossed. We can only keep pullets.

8. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

reallemons1

You know, you're right! Rhubarb looks like Rod Stewart! *laughing*

I've read that male polish have a mohawk-shaped crest and the female crest looks more like a cotton ball.... I fear Rhubarb's rock n' roll crest is more dude than dudette!!!

Basil is very sweet... s/he and Rhubarb keep doing the "yo' mama!" chest butting dance! *ack!*

Thanks for your post and your compliments! (They are cute ...I feel an addiction starting!)

9. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

basil...posibly cloud.... and 10% on the sure on the BR...hard to tell ...still young.

10. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

rubysmom

Thank you! I'll join in the finger crossing for your Bess and my Basil! [​IMG]

I will need to place Roos as well... [​IMG]

( pssst...You suppose slipping a roo estrogen is out of the question??? *laughing* like that would work... would probably just make the crowing sound come out an octave higher....)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by