Any Rubber Stampers Out There?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Buff Hooligans, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    If so, there's a series of rubber stamps of cartoon-type chickens by "Penny Black" available through www.addictedtorubberstamps.com. They are very cute - I have almost all of them. You can color pencil them in whatever colors your own chickens are when you make cards or do scrapbooking.

Chicken rubber stamps are hard to find, and when you do they're usually of roosters. Eggs rubber stamps are almost always Easter related... chicks too.

2. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Hi there,
    We carve our own stamps and do the letterboxing. It's very fun! Check out this website!
    www.letterboxing.org

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    We found a Letterbox floating in saltwater a couple months ago. It had a carved eraser in it with a little spiral notebook. Since we knew it wasn't where it was supposed to have been left, we just dismantled it. I still have the plastic box. Would it have been yours?

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you know I got to try this "Letter Boxing" Looks like fun!! Always love a good mystery!!!

5. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Unfortunately, it was not mine. Couple years back we had a terrible flood near here and several local letterboxers lost their boxes in the flood. Even sadly a couple of people had drowned. It's likely the boxes headed downstream to Mass! Did the letterbox have a placer name? Maybe you could look it up and contact the placer via email from the letterboxing.org website listed above? Now theres a good mystery...finding a letterbox 'owner'!

6. blossom hen

blossom hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    NE Tx
    Buff Hooligans, I was just thinking the other day about how hard it is to find rubber stamps with chickens on them. Looked at these and they are cute. Thanks for the link.

I have a hugh collection of stamps. lol Enough so, that one of my friends dubbed me the "queen of stamps" several years ago. For last Christmas, I made sets of 24 different designs of stamped, embellished Christmas cards as gifts for some family and friends. Had them finished to give to everyone at Thanksgiving so they could send them as their Christmas greetings. Made for the most stress-free December I've ever had!

Cheeptrick, letterboxing sounds very interesting! I'm going to explore this further. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by