Any Singer / Songwriters out there?

mississippifarmboy

collects slightly damaged strays
12 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Glen, Mississippi. 40+ chicken years
I'm just curious if we have any other singers or songwriters in our almost 100,000 members? If so, how long have you been doing it, anything published or recorded? Anything that's ever hit the charts? What type, style or genre of music? Do you sing professional or just for kicks? Shower singer, karaoke, sound tracks, live band? What's the largest venue you've ever played?

I used to sing, way back in the day. Have a small gig this weekend, the first in several years. My wonderful wife volunteered me...
roll.png

I'm pretty sure she hates me, because I haven't sang in YEARS... I'm currently praying I'll come down with something that will take away my voice.
hide.gif
Give me a good excuse not to have to get up in front of all those people and make a fool out of myself.

Myself, I usually sing Gospel, Country/Western, a few Classic Rock songs and my own material. I have weird taste in music, so I'm all over the place on style, but because I have very limited range, I'm limited in what I can do. Been writing since I was about 15, used to have my own band many years ago, now just either get a few friends who play together or use soundtracks. Never played or sang professional, just something I've always loved. Once it got to being a job instead of fun I quit.

Anyone?
idunno.gif

Yes, I am bored. And my chickens have done nothing at all to talk about.
tongue2.gif

Hey MFB where ya singing?

DH used to have a band and sing when he was younger. I used to pal around with a few bands in high school and sang in chorus. I still sing in my car
tongue.png
Both sides of my family are very musically inclined. Darryl Worley(country music) is a cousin of mine. My other cousin on the other side played austin City Limits with his band for a LOOOOOOONG time and he may still be on there.
hu.gif
I can't keep up with them. My father had an opportunity for a record deal back in the 60's but he didn't take it because he was making more money at his job at the time
th.gif
So, LOTS of musical background, yet here I sit, a little farmer girl
lol.png
I LOVE music though, always have. DH and I both write, but haven't ever tried to get published.

I like to sing too. I can even make the words up as I go. I think I'm talented..... can't figure out why people leave the room though. I could have had a career in music but my chorus teacher insisted I join band.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom