Any solo parent chickeners out there?

splus4

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
New Zealand
I'm a solo Mum to four beautiful kids. My ex left us last year for a younger model. So at 40 I find myself retraining (a full time student) with 4 full time kids (their dad lives in a different country now) living with my parents and grandma. Life surely sends you some curve balls!
I have wanted chickens for years but my ex never wanted animals. Now we are on our own we decided we could do what we wanted! We have four new pullets (2 hamburg and 2 EE) and two sweet bunnies (mini lops) We are getting our lives back on track, it's up hill... But we move forward everyday.

Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you here, this is a wonderful place to come for information, help and support. Enjoy your chickens (and new life...make it what YOU want).

I wish you the best as you move forward in your new life. It's wonderful that you have an extended family to draw strength from. Will pray for your success with your family and your studies. Congrats on your new pets. They're a blast, aren't they?? My motto when thrown a curve ball is: "one foot in front of the other".

Back
Top Bottom