Any stores have chicks now?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Eastbaymama, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Eastbaymama

Eastbaymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2012
    So a dog got to some of our chickens and I'm wondering if there are any stores that carry chicks right now? I have only raised chicks in the Spring previously. Or any hatcheries you would recommend? I saw the mypetchicken is out of a lot of breeds. I'm thinking that might be the case for most hatcheries? I have not ordered any online before.

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Would be easier if we knew your location.

3. Eastbaymama

Eastbaymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2012
    Oops I thought I posted this in the Nor Cal board! I'm in the East Bay, CA.

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Most feed stores aren't selling chicks anymore. You might want to try asking on your local facebook buy/sell/trade pages. That's where I find most of the buyers for my extra chicks. Also check craigslist, in the farm and garden section.

1 person likes this.
  5. MainerChick

MainerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm on the wrong side of the country, but can tell you I and many others are trying to rehome our 'extras' before winter. So definitely check Craigslist. You might post in the hatch-a-holic threads here too for someone near you who just needs an excuse to put some eggs in the 'bator for you :)

6. WVForestGirl

WVForestGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2015
    West Virginia
    I was just on Meyer hatchery's site and they seem to have a pretty good selection available now. I ordered from them earlier this year and they were great. The rural king stores around here still have chicks, too, I'm not sure if they have stores in your area. Good luck!

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by