Any suggestions for pretty ways to package eggs as gifts?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by banananutmuffin, Sep 13, 2011.

1. banananutmuffin

banananutmuffin Out Of The Brooder

I only have 5 chickens, so not enough to sell my eggs. But I might sometimes have a dozen or half dozen to give as hostess gifts, etc. What's a pretty way to package them?

I was thinking in a small basket lined with a pretty dishtowel. Any other suggestions?

2. kitkatnoah

kitkatnoah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    That's what I do but I also go to the dollar store and buy a small egg whisk to go in the basket, too. You also might want to put a pretty ribbon on top of the basket handle. [​IMG]

3. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Those are nice ideas!

I always give mine in used egg cartons, now I feel ghetto. [​IMG]

I've seen some people use the clear egg cartons and wrap a nice ribbon around it. I love those if I have them, but since I stopped buying eggs I don't get them anymore!

4. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Clear carton with a rafia tie looks nice.

Lisa

5. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    Cute ideas! I want to get some labels made up that say "Posey-Grace Farms" and put them on egg cartons to give away. The "Posey Grace Farm" thing is kind of a joke, I live on a small lot right downtown, and Posey and Grace are my daughters. I still think it would be cute though...

6. MyShunshyn

MyShunshyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    Quote:I can design those labels for you. You can purchase only as many labels as you need and the design will be exclusivly yours.
    Email me if you are interested! Check out my website.... www.MyShunshyn-Arts.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by