Any suggestions on how I can get two dogs from Missouri to SC?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by carolinagirl58, Jul 20, 2011.

1. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    I am getting two Anatolian Shepherd pups from Missouri. Or at least I was until I found out Delta won't allow them to share a crate because they are over 20 pounds each. For the life of me I can't see what difference that makes if you have an appropriately sized crate. Anyway, I simply can't pay the nearly $400 shipping on EACH of them. Any suggestions on how I can get these pups moved? Because of the heat, Delta is the only airlines that can fly them now. I got a couple of quotes from pet transport companies and they want around $900 to transport them both. I am so disappointed! I really wanted the 2nd one but it looks like now I may only be able to get one.

2. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I guess a road trip would be out of the question? The cost of gas and two nights in a hotel? Motel 6 is cheap AND accepts pets, last I used them. They didn't care at all that I had two giant, hairy dogs.

3. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    I am with mandelyn....I would drive up there and get them!!!! I really want an Anatolian, so yeah I would drive if I couldnt fly it down here. [​IMG]

4. carolinagirl58

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Road trip probably won't happen. It's 15 hours each way and my truck is getting too old to trust on a trip of that length. I found an animal hauler on Uship that can do it for a reasonable amount but never transported a dog that way and it makes me a little nervous.

5. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    uship.com

6. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    You could always try and start a puppy train.

7. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Get a rental and make a weekend out of it. You could probably rent a car for the weekend for under $100 and I bet gas would be under $250, leaving you $50 to stay at a motel 6 and still come in at $400! LOL

8. carolinagirl58

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:I found uship last night and did get a good quote, but it's almost too good and it scared me a little. Have you ever used them?

Rental car here for the weekend (only rental place in town) is close to $200, no out of state use. So rental car is out. [​IMG]

9. farmchick897

farmchick897 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Kentucky
    I've used Uship multiple times and have been happy with them. But it all depends on the hauler and I've only picked experienced haulers with lots of feedback to look at.

10. carolinagirl58

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    I have been combing through the haulers all morning and don't know who to trust! I have put in bid requests with 4 of them so far. If you don't mind me asking, what haulers have you used?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by