1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

any thoughts...(several pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by catballou24, Jun 14, 2007.

1. catballou24

catballou24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    on these babies of mine? [​IMG] they are about 12 weeks old i'm guessing. not sure how old they were when we got them early last month..[​IMG] i'm sure they are mutts, but it would be fun to find out some lineage ideas anyway...thanks!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

g]

2. catballou24

catballou24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    the brown stripe one also has muffs....not really sure what that is all about..LOL

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I don't know but, I really like the last one! The one's with muffs are probably EE's. Is the second one crested?? Barred rock and polish mix, lol! Cool, will be interesting to see what color eggs they lay...

4. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Cute chickies!

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    The one in the third picture and at the top of the first picture is possibly a Columbian Wyandotte? or a Delaware? The CW lay brown eggs. [​IMG]
    Not much help for the others though, I'm guessing the last one is an Easter Egger. [​IMG]
    Curious what the black/white hen with the pompom head is? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  6. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I'm guessing the grey/black/white one with the fuzzy head is a polish mix of some sort.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The second pic looks very much like a cockerel I hatched, accidentally, sort of. His mother was a Barred Rock and his father was a Standard Cochin/Silkie cross. Here is a pic of my little boy:
    [​IMG]

8. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought for sure you had a pure Delaware there in #3, but then I looked at her legs -WOW, green and feathers! [​IMG]
    My guess is they had an assortment, and that assortment made this SUPER-assortment! They all look happy and healthy, but I have no clue as to sorting them out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by