1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cricketmt, Apr 1, 2015.

1. cricketmt

cricketmt Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2015
    Montana
    This is one of them that we hatched. It's a week and one day old. The feathers that are coming in have some fluff on them. We have no idea what the breed was that laid the eggs.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #2...actually the first one that hatched, picture taken at a few days old.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] this was taken at a little over a week.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  2. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    Where did you get the eggs you hatched?

3. cricketmt

cricketmt Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2015
    Montana
    it was a science fair project, the teachers at the high school got the eggs from a number of sources locally.

4. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    Well the problem is that they could sort of be anything. Now there are breeds that they definitely aren't. Like you don't have crested Polish, Marans, Silkie, Cochins, any of the red breeds, or a number of others. Do you know if they are pure bred chicks or just barnyard mixes? Your chicks don't have very distinctive markings at this point so you are probably going to need to post photos again when they feather. I am sorry I can't be more helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by