Any tips on what and how to build a house for ducks? I get cold during the winter.

Taniyah110

Hatching
Sep 26, 2020
I just got ducklings 2 weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone could help me with what or how I should do this house?
And what will I need for it to be snow/winter proof? They will be in the house sometimes but not all the time so could someone help.
here are the supplies I have so far:
image.jpg
image.jpg

I just got ducklings 2 weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone could help me with what or how I should do this house?
And what will I need for it to be snow/winter proof? They will be in the house sometimes but not all the time so could someone help.
here are the supplies I have so far:
View attachment 2349237View attachment 2349241
1. Scrounge for more supplies. Free pages on Facebook and Craigslist, construction sites (ask first what you may take), construction area at the dump, and any pallets (ask first, some places reuse them).

2. Ok... Where do you live? (General) What kind of cold? 40F or -30F? Any heat in the summer?

3. Generally though... roof as much as you can to block rain and snow. A huge roofed area and a little "house" area (like a dog house) work as long as the huge roofed area is securely fenced so no predators can get in. Both feed and water can stay in the sheltered roofed area to keep the house cleaner.

4. Drainage with ducks is a huge issue, especially since you will probably have some kind of pond (that will become incredibly filthy every single day)... so think that through.

Back
Top Bottom