any trappers out there?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by catsmithpuddin, Dec 20, 2009.

1. catsmithpuddin

catsmithpuddin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    haughton louisiana
    Was wondering if there are any trappers out there that are also chicken lovers?

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    yes, there is a few of us here. [​IMG]

3. Galaxiedriver

Galaxiedriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Mid Missouri
    Long ago when in high school I trapped the creeks around our home in Beaver County, Pa. Trapped muskrat, beaver and accidently caught a mink once. I sent the pelts to Sears & Roebuck in St. Louis. I swear, skinning and preping a beaver pelt is one of the hardest trapping things there is. Don't know how the Mountain Men of the west did it.

I'd get up at 4 am to run the line then skin and stretch them when I got home in the afternoon. Great fun and I even made a few bucks.

4. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    Quote:Here is another one that loves to trap and be outdoors. Been trapping off and on for 30 years. Mostly muskrats and otters. Tried coon and caught mostly skunks and possums. Do alot of bowhunting also mostly whitetail and when I can get a tag bear it's a blast. Mike

5. ole red

ole red Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    poplar grove, ar.
    i'm a trapper.

6. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    im a trapper

7. catsmithpuddin

catsmithpuddin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    haughton louisiana
    We ar still learning but this is our second year. Mosty beaver/coon. Had a pretty good season for beginners.

8. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    Quote:Here is another one that loves to trap and be outdoors. Been trapping off and on for 30 years. Mostly muskrats and otters. Tried coon and caught mostly skunks and possums. Do alot of bowhunting also mostly whitetail and when I can get a tag bear it's a blast. Mike

The bait that catches coon & nothing but coon, is a teaspoon of grape jelly on a slice of bread. No joke! ....My dad is in all the old night hunter books. I've picked up a few tricks from him along the way. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by