Any "V" watchers out there!?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WIChookchick, Feb 9, 2011.

1. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    So... I watch V. I was a huge Mark Singer fan back when he led the resistance the first time..
    I love the fact they brought back the actress to play Diana, this time a former queen, who was said to be killed by Anna her daughter.
    But there is the frustration level that the wonderful networks do that keep us on the edge of our seats... (head desk [​IMG] )
    I felt it was Lost all over again in weird way.. grrrr...
    You want the 5th column to do something more than pot shots and protests.
    I want more esplosions!!! (yes I mispelled it)
    I want a V ship to go crashy crashy!!!
    And I want to see low level V guards looking for mice and rats to eat in dumpsters like in the original series!!!
    come on people. who's with me!!!
    At this rate my chickens will pass on due to old age before the world finds out that Anna is a bad bad person!! LOL

Your thoughts or comments?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I am a big fan of V, always have been. I don't follow many shows, but I can't miss V.

3. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Quote:I agree,,,and I REALLY wanted to see that baby clearly before they put skin on her..[​IMG]

4. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    DH and I both watch it. We were glad that they showed some of the original episodes on the "cable" channel.

5. tigerrrrrrrlilly

tigerrrrrrrlilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I was a fan of the original V, and really I like the new V too, I am a little frustrated that they are kinda dragging things out and leaving things to be implied rather than just showing them, like the relationship between Anna's daughter and Tyler - why she felt she needed to help the resistance kill her siblings seemed pretty weak, or what John May did for the Vs to hate him so much -it was just left to our imagination really. Certain parts of the storyline are left very simple sometimes and could use a little more complexity IMO. I still love watching, haven't seen this last one yet - but it's recorded!

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I love the new "V." Interesting how in the old series the reptiles kept humans for food, this new "V" is all set up for them wanting to breed human females. I agree with you WIChookchick, it seems they're dragging it out abit and need more action. It's probably part of the "tease" to keep us at the edge of our seats wondering when all hell is going to break loose. It seems to be building to that climax and they're setting the stage for the 5th column to make some tough fateful decisions and choices. I need some BLISS![​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    V: the science fiction of "As the World Turns". I watch it too!

8. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    My DH said the same he said things like " The Bold and the Vicious", "One Rat to Eat", "Days of our Iguana", V90210 and things of this nature!!

I mean aren't we half way or more than half way through the 2nd season???

And they are leaving plot holes you can drive a semi through. What was Marcus and Anna doing by hiring Hobbes, where is that subplot? Why would Ryan not realize that Lisa would be able to Bliss his daughter??
    How would Anna be able to make more soldiers if she is now infertile? Unless they are on the invisible ships...to mate with human women? Why only soldiers?
    And will there ever be "vegetarian" lizards like in the first series??? LOL
    They have left so many subplots left on the way side.. .grrrr...
    What do YOU think?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by