Any way for chickens to not sing so loud.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by daniii213, Mar 2, 2016.

1. daniii213

daniii213 New Egg

Aug 18, 2015
    This might sound like a really dumb question but it doesn't hurt to ask. I had two roosters and i had to get rid of one. So now that i only have one my neighbors complained about the noise at 530am. I really don't want to get rid of my last rooster any suggestions?

2. KoopersCoop

KoopersCoop Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2015
    Chesterton Indiana
    unfortunately there isn't much you can do to keep him from crowing. Maybe you could explain to the neighbor your empathy ---- and suggest earplugs while sleeping.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    Tell the neighbor that it could be worse. I had a roo who crowed at 3am. [​IMG] At least your little guy is waiting until it is almost sunrise!!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Some folks believe if you have the rooster in a very dark area (cover up any windows) they will not crow. OR,if they are in a low crate, that doesn't allow them to extend their neck full length, they can't crow. I'm not sure any of these work but, it may help keep the peace till you let him out later in the morning.

6. peta

peta New Egg

Mar 2, 2016
    I had the same problem with neibours and got anti crowing collars, that have work a treat for me. At first the roosters did not like them now they do not even know they have them on and it really quietens them down.

7. daniii213

daniii213 New Egg

Aug 18, 2015
    Thank you so much ...I can bring my chickens back home. The cops had come to my house because my chickens were being really loud. They had told me that next time a neighbor complained i would get a $500 ticket.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by