Any way to hide it from view?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Dill, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    I don't want to see the "Meat Birds ETC" section. Is there anyway that it can be hidden so members who don't want to see it won't have to? when I click "recent posts" the topic titles show up too. I'm just curious. [​IMG]

2. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:just don't look at it.

3. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    But thats my point. I accidently click on the threads sometimes because when I'm browsing through "recent posts" the Meat Bird topis come up as well.

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    dont do recent posts, go to the index and go thru topics individually, just skip the meat birds section.

5. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Yeah I have to agree with ams. Just click on each subject specifically rather than recent posts. That way you won't be affected by what you might see in the meat bird section.

6. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    Eh, I guess I'll just have to see the meat birds threads because I could never go through each forum indivdually. On every forum I'm on I always use recent posts since its just easier.

7. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    But thats my point. I accidently click on the threads sometimes because when I'm browsing through "recent posts" the Meat Bird topis come up as well.

then read the thing that says what section before you click i think nifty has enough on his hands as it is,right now he is trying to put new smilies in the forum.​

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
  8. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If you click on "recent posts" under the "recent topics" it will tell you what forum the posts are in so you can avoid it.

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The meat bird posts shouldn't be overly offensive even if you stumble on them. We do require any thread with graphic pics to have a very clear: ** WARNING GRAPHIC PICS ** in the title so there will be no chance of a mistake.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by