1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Welsummer chickens in western Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ldawntaylor, Apr 13, 2016.

1. ldawntaylor

ldawntaylor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2015
    Arkansas
    Hi,

I work in Mena and live over towards Waldron. I am wanting to make contact with people close by who have Welsummer chickens.

I know I don't have space right now, at least when my new chicks grow some more. At the moment 1 or 2 look to be young roosters which I don't particularly want....

Anyway, I'm trying to get in touch with people now so that when I have space I have a better chance of finding some of the breed I like so well. I don't really want to order from a hatchery unless I don't have a choice. No I'm not picky about having only purebred birds. But, I would like to have a good pair as a starting place. Kind of like how my breeding buck - goat herd - is registered as is one of the does.

Outdoor tasks are calling so I must close for now.

Lisa

2. ldawntaylor

ldawntaylor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2015
    Arkansas
    Well, last night I did a little research and found a place that is about an hour and a half to two hours away. I am able to pick the chicks up directly. When I emailed I heard back within half an hour. We'll see where things go from here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by