Any white leghorns owners??? (egg pic added)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by savingpurple, Jul 12, 2011.

1. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    One of mine has lime green ear lobes, and laid an almost light pink egg today. Not off white, not light brown, but very almost undetectable light pink.....

Does anyone have ones with lime green earlobes??

Thanks in advance....

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    How FUN! I have 1 white Leghorn and she should lay any time now, she has been squatting for a week now. She has white lobes BUT they are irradescent (SP??) With a green sheen, so who knows! I thought all White Leghorns with white lobes laid white eggs, but I am sure there can be different shades??? LOL! I kind of hope she lays an off white egg cause all of my other girls lay or will be laying shades of brown and I have 3 EE's. I'd like to hear what others have to say! Can you post a pic of the egg?? And maybe of the chicken?? [​IMG] please [​IMG]

3. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Do you have a pic? Maybe it is a white Easter Egger. Here's a picture of my white Leghorn to compare....

[​IMG]

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    My leghorn just started laying last week but her eggs are white although I have noticed that she does have a slightly green earlobe. I don't know what to tell you about the pink egg. Here is a picture of her from another thread here on BYC. Her first egg is shown in post 220 and her picture is shown in link 225. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=524071&p=23

5. savingpurple

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Not sure if it shows here, but it really is a soft shade of pink??

It is the one in the front right. Almost white, but tinge of pink.....I think anyways??

[​IMG]

Here it is by itself.....

[​IMG]

Can get a pic of her tomorrow, but am really sure she is a white leghorn. HUGE floppy comb though. LOL

A young pic of her earlobe. Lime green.

[​IMG]

6. savingpurple

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Here is a pic of her today.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. fluffandpuffchicks

fluffandpuffchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    i have a white leghorn who has a HUGE comb like yours. It can't stay up straight! Shes sooo loveable. I love my leghorn. Is yours friendly? just a random question. She looks healthly and alert im still ROFL at the pics of her green "ears"

8. savingpurple

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    She is just adorable and sweet with me.....She is in solitary confinement due to being so nasty with the other hens. She was attacking them.

Tomorrow is reintroduction day. We shall see. Think I will let her in the coop, and let the others see her through the screen door, for a bit, before I open the pop door. I am afraid she will do the same. She was never like this before I switched her food. So she has been back on the original type of food for a week now......

Plan on buying a flock block today at work too. Maybe if I throw a few pieces here and there in the run, that might help too !! ???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by