Any Words of Comfort Are Appreciated..

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by roostersandhens, Feb 22, 2014.

1. My beautiful roosters Pip and Bumblebee have a terrible disease called ILT. There is no cure, though you can vaccinate chickens who are not yet showing symptoms. It is unfortunately to late for my 2 boys Pip and Bumblebee. Most chickens die from this awful disease. Once a chicken is vaccinated they become carriers. And my newly rescued battery hens were vaccinated, and I didn't even know about ILT until now. So I fear that these are the last few days for my Pip and Bumblebee. I hate to say that, but it may be true. I love them so much. Pip is only 6 months old too. Bumblebee used to be my house chicken, so I am very attached to the big guy. I am so worried, and so sad. So any words of comfort would be appreciated. Please keep my beloved boys Pip and Bumblebee in mind. I will update how they are doing often. I hope they all make it.
    Pip
    [​IMG]

I hope you make it my good Pip

Bumblebee
    [​IMG]

I hope you make it my good Bumblebee

[​IMG]Thanks everyone, I really hope my boys survive [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] i am sorry these sickness that the chickens are getting are awful. i have been battling crd and coryza in my flock for 4 months now. it is very draining . dont think i have ever been so tired. my heart goes out to you. i am not familiar with what your chickens have. perhaps you could turn this into a learning experience for us all ?

3. *hugs*
    I'm so sorry this happened to them.
    hope they can make a full recovery. [​IMG]

4. Thanks. If I don't vaccinate my flock soon, my whole flock could (I don't wanna say it..) die. I am freaking out [​IMG]

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    well, what do you have to do? order the vaccine?? is it expensive? i hope they make it.

6. I am not sure about the price, but I will pay. I just don't know where to get the vaccine..

7. Bumblebee is at the vet and under oxygen. It turns out they probably don't have ILT :) But they still have something :(

8. BellChell123

BellChell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Oh, good! I'm so glad they don't have ILT! But I DO hope that they have something easy to treat, and will soon be flapping around the yard, and eating bugs. Keep us updated!

9. Pip is doing a lot better today [​IMG] I really think he is going to make it. I hope Bumblebee is doing well, he is at the vet I will leave to pick him up in about 40 minutes. I medicated Pip for Gape worms, because someone on BYC thought they could have it, I will treat Bumblebee when he is home. When I left to take Bumblebee to the vet he was blueish purple, but I hope the oxygen is helping him. I am worried about Bumblebee, but Pip seems a lot better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by