Anybody caught any snakes yet this year?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Smittenroade, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Smittenroade

Smittenroade Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    North East Texas
    I caught a 6 1/2 ft long rat snake in my coop already, pulled him out and put him in a cooler to relocate him.
    I've also seen quite a bit of water maucasins already which is a bad sign >.< (Take my snake stick everywhere)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. Cuckoo Roo

Cuckoo Roo New Egg

Jun 17, 2011
    Caught two big black snakes in the yard so far. One was six feet seven inches and the other was about five and a half feet. I HATE snakes!

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Caught on day before yesterday, walked it out into the desert ad let it go, just a harmless king snake.

4. toysmom

toysmom Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    caught a black snake in my coop. it was about 6 feet long. It didn't make it

5. Smittenroade

Smittenroade Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    North East Texas
    Quote:King snakes are GOOD! Because they eat other snakes [​IMG]

6. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    There is a black snake that lives under my shed and next to my coop. He will be a keeper because he will eat mice and other snakes. Neighbor came over and killed a copper head for me it was at my pump house (that is where the well is in case you didn't know). We have well water here. The copper head was a young one and my neighbors son chased a way a glass snake. It's suppose to be harmless. Lets hope it doesn't eat chicken eggs and stuff. I have no idea the length of any of them...... don't really care as long as they leave me and my stuff a lone. I have my neighbor on speed dial.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by