Anybody do artwork on a tablet?

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I just got a tablet for christmas and I've been playing with it all day. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but I think I will have a lot of fun with it! I already made a cover for a friend's cook book. I hope she likes it!

Anybody else use a tablet to do artwork? I'd love to see examples of your work. Also, if you have any tips or tricks, I'd love to hear those too! I got the bamboo pen tablet with Corel paint essentials program.

My son just bought one a few days ago. My dd was playing on it last night too. I don't think they have it all figured out yet though lol. His links up to photoshop and paint etc.

Yes i do and i love digital painting.

We are one
weareone-1.png

Cuddy
22008webpic.png

My pretty butterfly
myprettybutterfly92707Small.png

Her's my reference
referenceSmall.jpg

A digital chalange ,took thie black and white phot and created a painting of her
42008-angela08.jpg

62zazLarge.png

The Hitchhikers
3Medium.png

Charlamain
gallery_2316_22_2964.jpg

There's magic in the forest
gallery_2316_22_13771Small.jpg

zazgem1113TB-1.png

Yum Yum fresh fruit
COONYMOONnix2Mediumzaz.png

Sorry got carried away, i love art of all kinds.

Wow ZAZ! Those are awesome! Beautiful work, for sure! What program do you use to paint with? And what tool do you find usually works best for you? I'm having a bit of trouble determining what tools I like the best for different effects. I guess I just have to play with all of them!

Zazous, those are amazing what tablet do you use ? was it very expensive? I am a traditional oil painter, I've been looking at tablets for about 2 yrs but don't know what to buy and they are so expensive,

Quote:
Thank you

I use corel painter,twisted brush and adobe CS2.

As far as tools it depends on what i am wanting to paint there are thousands of them with all the programs i use and i may use all three programs in one painting.

Twisted brush is the best lifetime program i ever invested in, it has free upgrades with lifetime membership no paying for upgrades like adobe and corel and twisted brush has a free program that you can try to see if you like it.

I didn't know the frirst thing about digital artwork untill 4 years ago and i learned everything by trying them and see what i could do with them, i can do so many things but don't know what to call it or ecplain steps to do it, but i have been an artist for more than 40 years so knowing how to use color is easy for me.

ribbonsandroses47208.png

I've been looking at the Wacom tablets and I really like the extra large but I have to wait for tax money or a huge storm to get it. (we are having a blizzard right now) if the power goes out and hubby goes on storm I might be able to get it soon
smile.png

I am used to painting on a rather large scale. My favorite painting is a 30" x 40"

Back
Top Bottom