Anybody due the 15th?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by skillswife, Jun 29, 2011.

1. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    I have 3 eggs under my broody Millie (Millie Fleur D'uccle) 2 for sure are developing not sure on the 3rd its a dark colored egg and the coop isn't super dark for candeling. First time with a broody, so far she is doing great! The chicks could be interesting though as the roo is a bantam of my mil and the hens are all full sized, not even sure who's eggs from her mix of hens, rotfl. Of course I will be out of town from the 10th to the 15th, YIKES! Hope dh can handle it when I am gone, I will be a nervous wreck!

2. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    Yep - I should have some hatching on the 15th. I set a bunch of silkie and show girl eggs. [​IMG]

3. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I have 6 button quail due the 15th!!!

4. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    Off by a day but I have 240 due on the 16th

5. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Quote:Wow! thats a lot of babies;)

6. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    I have 18 silkies, 12 turkeys, 1 peacock, and 7 ducks due the 17th ( a little worried about the humidity for the ducks...)
    I am going to candle tonight and see whats viable.. good luck to all of you

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Mine are due on the 15th
    My brinsea is packed ... kinda hope i have a few to take out when i candle on the 4th just to make some room in there.. [​IMG]

8. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    So I candled tonight and the dark egg seems to be growing although I can't pick out veining. The other 2 have great veining but there is what looks like a blood ring forming on the one. I am praying its just funny looking veining. The veining is still very visible and looks to be growing the same as the other egg.

9. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    I candled too, and out of my 12 turkey eggs, 3 had blood rings and one was a quitter, one of the duck eggs was no good...[​IMG]
    the jury's still out on the peacock egg..and the silkies are only 4 days old, will check them this weekend

10. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I can't candle.. So I can only hope... But I bit the bullet and bought this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In hopes my hatch rate would go up [​IMG] finally got the temp to 100.0 F lets see if it stays there before I put the egglets in from my old bator!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by