1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anybody else Equestrian or Horse-lover?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bantimna, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Hi I love horses!
    I wanted to know if you too love em' [​IMG]

2. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Hey Bant - you like horses too?

This is me and a friend's horse about 5 years ago. My friend has since moved and taken her horses with her (sob sob!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    There are more than a few of us on here ..

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Have had horses all my life - ok not all my life - got my first pony at age 3 and have had equines ever since (currently 40).

Currently only have two - My Phat Pony - she is an Arabian mare, born in 1985 to my bestest mare - G (G passed away in 2007 at the age of 30, we had been together for 28 years). I also have my petite Mustang - a 2002 model who is anything but petite - she stands 16.2 and make me feel little (5 foot 2 inches tall).

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Well, I have completed the basics and I'm getting ready to do Dressage etc.....

7. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

We are horse lovers. We have four right now. 12 yr old black morgan name Otis he is my 10 yr old daughters horse. She uses him for dressage, jumping & vaulting. 11 yr old quarter pony named Sunny also my daughters dressage & jumping horse. 11 yr old paint that aint named Reggie he was a pony club horse & is now my horse. I'm learning dressage with him. 15 yr old pony name Rosie she is the family pony but my daughter is training her to ride. She was a pony ride pony but doesn't know how to be rode without being walked. She is a great little pony [​IMG]

Erica & Otis our Morgan
    [​IMG]

This is an older picture but it's Reggie
    [​IMG]

Erica trying some vaulting trick with Rosie
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    Horse crazy since I saw my first Hunter in the back yard when I was 5 years old.
    1st horse: I was 13 and me and my friend went in for a pony for $25.00. (Our parents made the farmer give us our money back!)
    Here's the list (From what I can remember) since 1985--I'm SURE I've left a few out, that were sold soon after I bought them!):
    Blackie (grade mare)
    Dusty (grade gelding)
    Dandy
    (grade gelding)
    Toma Coma (RIP, 2003 at 35 years old) (grade gelding) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Gypsy (TB mare)
    Kickapoo
    (grade gelding pony)
    Little Tyke (RIP, 1998 at 28 years old) (Renamed "Tyconderoga" after we discovered what a bully he was)(TW x QH gelding) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (it gets a little easier with time)
    Corporal (RIP, 2009 at 27 years old) (Arab gelding) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ro Go Bar (RIP, 2009 at 27 years old) (QH gelding) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sissy (TW x Arab mare)
    Maxwell (American Shetland gelding)
    Columbia (QH mare)
    Dandy Silver Moon (Went blind at age 7, Cremello) (QH gelding)
    Super Moleo (QH gelding)
    a very old grey pony--died 6 months after I bought her
    Fancy Lee Bar (QH mare)
    Prime Time-TB gelding (might be able to look him up, no papers, but a lip tattoo)
    TW Palomino Mare
    Beaner (grade gelding)
    2 mares that didn't work out
    Bonus
    (QH mare)
    Merry Boys Hart (RIP, 2008, 24 years old) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Currently I own:
    Warrens Cindy (KMH mare)-12 years old, aka "Moon Eyes"
    Long Arm of the Law (KMH gelding)-4 years old aka "Sweet Cuppin' Cakes"
    [​IMG]
    Photo taken at CW event in Danville, IL, with me, DH and horses, September, 2009. "Sweet Cuppin' Cakes" did great with the gunfire. "Moon Eyes" is a veteran.
    I admit it--I am a SLAVE to my horses!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] It's an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  9. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    I am an avid equestrian with one kid on the varsity team and one will be next year. I ride a 31 year old Arabian. (not the only horse I ride... just my favorite that I had forever) Horses Rule!!!

Motto: Keep the leather side up!!!

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm a horse lover too! We currently have four horses. Two quarter horse mutt geldings, the palomino is between 25 and 30 and the sorrel is about 7 or 8. We also have a registered black and white paint mare who is 2 1/2 and a 5 year old (we think quarter horse) red roan mare. There names are Sonny, Stetson, Cheyenne, and Sedona. We mostly just trail ride and fool around with some training.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by