anybody else from sc,

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bantamboy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. bantamboy

bantamboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Conway Sc
    hello to all you south carolina chicken people [​IMG] i would like to know who all else on here besides me lives in good old south carolina [​IMG]

2. blueferral

blueferral Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
    I know its been a while, but I'm here in South Carolina. Other side of the state. I envy your sand, but not your summer traffic.

3. Chicken Girl123

Chicken Girl123 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2012
    SC
    Summerville here!

4. Angelight

Angelight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    Also in Sville! Trying to figure out how the town is interpreting an allowance for incidental agriculture in my residential district to mean that there's only agriculture allowed in the AC zone. Looking for other locals to help. Calling municipal court judges, mayor's office, zoning administrators, and the next step is town councilmen and women. And/or a meeting.

5. Angelight

Angelight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    Since I had posted here before:

Sville had a town meeting tonight. They're rewriting the zoning ordinances so I went to speak out about poultry in case they were going to put it on the chopping block. The majority seemed to think that we have a law allowing poultry but having a limit on the amount a person could have. Several mentioned that they know of people with chickens in the town, outside of the agriculture zone. The chairman even mentioned how he had been thinking of putting his beehives in his backyard in the town. They ARE rewriting the zoning ordinances but it appears they will be protecting the right to sustainability while clarifying limits and such.

6. Romoshka

Romoshka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Clemson, SC
    Clemson here. Growing black Australorps.

7. Big Red Hen

Big Red Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Smoaks, SC
    [​IMG]SC here!

8. Stokley

Stokley Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Round O here. Just moved in from Wisconsin. After we get all our stuff put away I will be building a coop and getting some peeps. Anyone close by have some they'd like to sell?

9. Eggwell

Eggwell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    I know it's been awhile since this thread was started, but I would just like to say that I'm a South Carolinian from Spartanburg County.

Eggwell

10. beckybos

beckybos New Egg

Sep 18, 2013
    Walhalla SC
    Hello from Oconee County SC glad see someone from SC and not to far away

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by